The topic for #BEDN today is ‘Newsflash’ so I thought I would share a quick post with you before I finish my packing for EIBTM 2013 tomorrow. Here are 10 facts you may not know about Events Northern Ltd.
- Events Northern Ltd was incorporated in 2004.
- The MD, Becki Cross (nee Train), wanted to establish a top event management company based in the North of England and hence the name. However although we are often kept busy in the North of England we do enjoy working nationally!
- Becki has a degree in Events Management and worked in Manchester and Liverpool before setting up the company.
- The largest conference we have organised took place in London over 4 days and was attended by over 1,000 international delegates. It also incorporated an opening ceremony, a conference dinner, exhibition and poster displays.
- Becki is a category winner of the handbag.com and Barclays Business Plan Awards and a finalist in the Everywoman Business Awards.
- We have developed our own barcode registration system.
- The most pressurized set up and turnaround for an event was a dinner at the Natural History Museum, London. Visitors left at 6 pm and 1,000 guests arrived at 7.30 pm, during which time we had to build the bars, catering stations, stage, lighting, audio visual and everything in between!
- We ran a conference in Germany in May this year, our first European event
- Our sister company, Advanced Event Solutions Ltd, has developed an event app and will soon launch a wedding app.
- Some of the personalities/celebrities we have had the pleasure of working with include Mr Motivator (one of our favourites!), Clint Boon (Inspiral Carpets), Susanna Reid (BBC Breakfast and Strictly), Diversity, John Craven (Countryfile), McFly, Katherine Jenkins, The Saturdays, Alesha Dixon, to name just a few.
We won’t mention those that we didn’t enjoy the pleasure of working with!
We hope you enjoyed these 10 facts about Events Northern Ltd and we hope to see you in Barcelona if you are attending #EIBTM13.