Next Sunday is the fantastic Blog on MSI Conference, which is a not to be missed event for bloggers at the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester. This will be the third time I have attended and I always get a lot out of the event and enjoy meeting lots of lovely blogging folk.
Zoe from the Mama Geek blog has suggested a fun Blog on MSI ice breaker post ahead of the event. Here goes…
1. Share a recent photo of you
Here is the latest photo I have (from last month) with my lovely sister:
A Yorkshire-born happy bunny.
3. How long have you been blogging, and why did you start?
My first blog post was in 2010, initially because as I small business I felt like it was something we should be doing and it was something that intrigued me.
4. What are you hoping to get out of Blog On?
The opportunity to talk about blogging and pick up some tips. Maybe it can find me a few more hours in the day to blog here more regularly too!
5. Name a few of your favourite blogs.
I am Deputy Editor of Event Manager Blog, which is the number 1 blog for event planners worldwide and is a fantastic resource for anyone in the industry. I was a big fan before I started writing and working with the team and it is definitely still top for me.
6. What’s your favourite social media platform(s)… and what’s your username?
7. Share a fact about you no-one would guess.
I used to have my tongue pierced.
Or perhaps that I have 2 children under 4 years old (one of which was a record breaker at the hospital where she was born, weighing 11lb3oz).
8. What’s your favourite bit of tech?
I can’t live without my phone. I am an Android fan, no iphone for me by choice. I have a Nexus 6P in rose gold.
9. If you won the lottery, how would you spend your winnings?
Lots of holidays, a ski chalet in the French Alps, a villa in Majorca and a Maserati.
10. If you could host a talk show, who would be your first guest?
Paul Heaton, of Beautiful South fame.
11. Share a funny memory from your life.
I love snowboarding but when I was still new to it I accidentally found myself on a black run, in the fog, separated from the rest of the group. The piste had been prepared for a downhill skiing competition (in other words it was as icy as hell!). It was that steep and slippy you couldn’t even walk down it (believe me I tried!). I had Bulgarian ski patrol shouting and swearing at me, to add to the tension. I had to gingerly edge my way down, past the grandstand set up to watch the race. I thought I would never make it to the bottom. Amazingly it didn’t put me off snowboarding though.
12. What is your favourite book and why?
Gosh, this is a hard question. Maybe the Other Boleyn Girl or another of the Tudor court series by Philippa Gregory? Gripping historical fiction at it’s best.
13. What picture is on your phone/tablet lock screen?
A picture of my daughter’s colourful blanket:
Either writing a long overdue blog post here or getting to grips with my new found love of crochet.
15. What’s the best bit of advice you’ve ever been given?
Accept all compliments gracefully.
Looking forward to the Blog on MSI event and sharing my learnings here in a future post!