I was absolutely delighted to find out this blog had been nominated for a Liebster Award! The fantastic Events Blogger Caitlin Kobrak nominated me (read all about it and check out her fantastic blog here > http://www.eventmanagementstudent.com). Caitlin is a really talented and dedicated blogger and I absolutely love reading her posts. She is also a well deserving finalist in two categories of the UK Blog Awards 2014! Thank you so much Caitlin!
So what is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is for bloggers who have fewer than 200 (or according to some variations on the rules 1,000 or 3,000) followers. Either way I have taken this to be email subscribers to our blog, rather than followers on social media as otherwise we would be ineligible!
Liebster Award – how it works:
- thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog
- display the award “badge” on your blog
- answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- list 11 random facts about yourself
- nominate up to 11 bloggers and let them know you have nominated them
- set 11 questions for the bloggers you have nominated
- post a comment on the blog post of the person that nominated you so they can read the post
I found this post helpful when reading up on it: The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award.
Caitlins questions to me
1. Why did you start blogging?
The thought really appealed to me – any excuse to talk and write about the world of events! I kept hearing about the importance of blogging for business too and so Gemma from the UK Blog Awards helped me set up and start the blog in June 2011.
2. What is you favourite type of post to write & why?
I really enjoy taking a topic and relating it back to event management and also giving hints and tips to relate something to peoples own event projects. For this reason I particularly enjoyed doing Blog Every Day in November (#BEDN) and writing posts inspired by recent events such as What the Arctic Monkeys can teach you about event management and Event management lessons from the Apprentice. I think it is healthy to take a subject area or hot topic and give it a twist or think about it differently.
3. If you had a super power what would it be?
Time travel would be good!
4. What do you feel has been your biggest achievement in life so far?
On a professional level my biggest achievement has been setting up Events Northern Ltd and celebrating 10 years in business in June of this year (the company was incorporated in 2004).
5. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
I would ban grumpy, miserable and rude people! Life is short and there is simply no need for it!
6. If you could speak to your past self, what would you say?
Don’t waste time worrying; everything works out for the best in the long run.
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Still running conferences and events but hopefully with more time for blogging, writing, consulting and speaking!
8. Who Inspires you the most?
I am lucky enough to have heard speeches from many inspirational individuals over the years such as Jamie Andrew OBE, Michelle Mone OBE and Phil Jones.
I look up to successful entrepreneurs such as Sir Alan Sugar, Sir Richard Branson, Karren Brady, Luisa Zizzman, etc.
Julius Solaris from the Event Manager Blog is really inspiring from a blogging and events perspective.
9. What is the one goal you are working towards?
One day I will write a conference management book! It hasn’t yet progressed beyond the many ideas in my head but watch this space!
10. If you could meet anyone in the world who would it be?
Any of the inspirational figures I listed above! Or Paul Heaton….. (of the Beautiful South/Housemartins fame).
11. Whats your top number one place you want to visit?
Without a doubt New Zealand is top of my list.
11 random facts about me
- I love the colour red
- I am proud of my Yorkshire roots
- On a summer holiday as a child I managed to cycle into the swimming pool (something my family will never let me live down!)
- I have only missed one V Festival in the last ten years
- I haven’t eaten meat since the age of 8
- I wanted my parents to call my sister Phillip Schofield?!
- Caipirinhas are my favourite cocktail
- I auditioned for the Royal Ballet School (needless to say I didn’t get in!)
- During university I worked in the call centre for a betting company
- I met my husband on a summer holiday in Magaluf when I was 21
- My ultimate luxury is a hot bubble bath with my Kindle!
I nominate the following blogs/bloggers:
http://theeventure.wordpress.com/ @zziwd Emily
My questions to the nominated bloggers
- When and why did you start blogging?
- Describe your blog
- What is your favourite colour?
- What are your blogging aims for the future?
- How do you find inspiration?
- What is your ultimate indulgance?
- What is your ideal job?
- How much time do you spend blogging each week?
- What is your worst habit?
- Tell us about the best event you have ever been to?
- Where is your favourite place in the world?
Nominated bloggers – don’t forget to leave a comment with a link to your blog post below so I can have a read!
Unbelievably I received a second Liebster Award very soon after receiving this first award, which was great as I got to nominate more blogs and spread the love! Read about it here: Liebster Award 2